I'M ENGAGED!!!!!!
Jacob and I have been dating since the end of June, and I knew we were going to get married, and that he wanted me to have the ring by Thanksgiving, but I was still so surprised! And it still feels so unreal and yet perfectly normal and oh so exciting all at the same time.
Now, I know you all want pictures and the story so here you go:
So, my ward does this thing called "Love notes" every Sunday where after ward pray where you can write notes to anyone in the ward, put them in a folder, and have them delivered. Jacob has always written me poems for this, but a few weeks ago he "randomly" came up with the idea to write me a series of poems that went together and then we'd make a date out of finishing it. So he had written me three when we went yesterday to finish them. Of course it finally decided to be all cold and snowy, so we couldn't' do a fun picnic. So we went up to campus and wandered around for a while. We ended up in my favorite building on campus(the JFSB) in a area with seats that looked out on the beautiful courtyard. He read the first three notes to me and then started writing the fourth one, saying it aloud as he did so. When I knew he'd be getting close to the end of the poem he paused and then finished it by saying, "but you never answered my question." I turned and asked what question, and he then proceeded to explain to me/show me that over the four notes he had sneakily placed the words, "Will you marry me?" in spaces corresponding with the numbers he'd written on the bottom of the poem which I thought was just to keep the order I'd received them in straight. I had no idea! It was great!
So we sat there for a while just enjoying being with each other and then he took me out to lunch, and then I called my mom :) and other family members. But seriously, I am the happiest person alive since then.
As for the ring, it's perfect. We talked about it months ago and what preferences I have, but I've always wanted the ring to be a surprise whenever I thought about getting engaged. We talked about a colored stone and I knew that is what he was leaning towards, but over the past few weeks I started wondering if I'd really be okay with something besides a diamond. Well....the moment he pulled it out of his pocket I fell in love with the ring. It's a beautiful blue sapphire with two tiny diamonds set on either side. But of course a picture is worth a thousand words so here you go(by the way it is more blue in the light then this looks, it was really hard to get a good picture showing the design and the color):
And here is me and my fiancee!!!
2 comments:
YEAH!! Congratulations. Your ring is beautiful. I can't wait for the wedding. Welcome to the family Jacob.
YAHOO!!!! We are so excited for both of you!!!! Beautiful ring and very romantic proposal!!! Thanks for sharing your awesome news--We've been waiting!!!! (It was worth the wait!)
Post a Comment