Today was the first day for the new semester....
Can we just fast forward to April 30th please? Because then I would have another semester behind me(having gotten brilliant grades of course) and the wedding would be planned, and all I would have to do is get married! Too bad life doesn't work that way. So here's how it's gonna work this semester:
I'm working in the mornings again. I think 4am missed me. I didn't miss it. Luckily, I think I'll adjust okay. My mind and my body have done this before..so I just have to remember, right? Of course, that doesn't mean I'll avoid having a hard time staying awake in all my classes(today was not a good sign).
As for my classes, can I please murder my CHUM teacher and replace her with a new one. Way to go, not making sure that our book was on the booklist. And now the bookstore doesn't' have it ordered in....and you expect me to do the homework anyway? No thanks. Yeah, I'm pretty sure this will be my very least favorite class of the semester. Boo on you Computers and the Humanities 230, thanks for cramping my enjoyable semester. (Look forward to further complaints of this nature, though don't get me wrong, it will be nice to learn more about InDesign and Photoshop, and review what I haven't used in an eternity)
I also am taking Spanish again this semester. Ugh...Spanish. I'm quite tired of you. And I miss my teacher from last semester because I actually felt like I learned a lot from her. The only good thing about this class is that A. I do like learning a new language, just not all the busy work. And B. This is my second to last class of Spanish...ever, during my career at BYU.
Basic Editing should be an interesting class. We get to keep a blooper log. As in take pictures and document any and all usage or grammar mistakes on posters, signs, blogs, anything. Also, my teacher compared editors to Christ today....it was an interesting analogy, and actually pretty well thought out. I plan to learn a lot in this class. And...she's the teacher over internships, so I'll have to talk to her about that, and other good ways to get some actual experience. I'm contemplating joining a student journal...I'm just not sure I'll have time.
Speaking of time, I'm pretty sure life hates me, because Jacob and I hardly have any time to see each other this semester. Our schedules are pretty much opposites. This will be painful....but perhaps a good thing. Maybe I'll get more studying done. (AKA maybe Jacob will get more studying done, cause I always got my stuff done) But to say the least...I am NOT happy about this. At least I won't be working Sundays anymore though, so that'll be nice to actually spend some time with him on weekends.
So, the only classes I haven't mentioned are my World Lit and English Novel classes. I had World Lit today, and I'm excited for it. It's the second half, and I'm taking it from the same professor I took the first half from last semester. I really like her style, so I'm looking forward to the class. I haven't had my English Novel class yet, but I'm quite sure I will love it. Just one thing...I can't decide if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I've already read at least half of the material for my two literature classes.....hmmmm.
One more note. People my age are getting back from their missions. It makes me feel kind of old. It will be fun to run into some of them on campus. Or at least I hope I'll run into them. This also means that my cousin Brian gets home in approximately 1 month. I love that kid, he's one of my best friends, and I'm super excited to see him!
Okay, I think that's all. Bye.
5th Grade Graduation
9 hours ago
1 comment:
What will REALLY make you feel old is when you have children before those people home from their missions are even married...
(This was the reverse of my situation, actually, I was the one WATCHING everyone have kids and finally getting home from MY mission)
Post a Comment