The title is from some lyrics of a Spanish song that I really like...I've discovered a fondness for quite a few Spanish songs.
Also, I really like A Fine Frenzy these days. Sara K. G. and I used to love the song "Almost Lover" but I basically never listened to any other songs until I got bored with the music on my ipod and added some random songs. Like...."The Minnow and the Trout" which it turned out I loved! So, I started paying more attention to all of my songs by A Fine Frenzy. And low and behold, I like all of them. My latest favorite is "Hope for the Hopeless" and the reason I like these songs so much is because I find the lyrics really powerful. I told Jacob I wanted to know more about the music I listen to than just whether I like it or not, so he suggested I look some of it up on Wikipedia. Turns out that A Fine Frenzy is just one person. Go figure, I always thought it was a band. Anyway, her real name is Alison Sudol, and you wanna know why her lyrics are so great? Because she loves to read! She's even planning on writing a children's book after the tradition of books like The Chronicles of Narnia. No wonder I like her so darn much, we are kindred spirits, what with the whole love of the written word thing. So, there's some info for you about my looking into music.
On to other things. I feel like all of my friends are getting married. I'm serious! My friend Mark Amos(one of my best friends in HS) gets married the day after me and Travis Lund(we've been friends since 6th grade) is getting married in March. Amanda Jardine(my roommate last year) got engaged on Saturday, and today I got a text from Kelcey Ovard(we've been friends since 1st grade, and share a birthday!) telling me she got engaged yesterday. I don't know how we all grew up so fast! It's crazy. I'm not complaining at all, I am so happy I'm getting married, and super excited for all of them too, I'm just saying I don't know where the time went.
Another thing...I love Jacob. I'm pretty sure I include that in every post, but I'm so serious, he is the only thing keeping me sane right now. The song that has the lyrics I used for the title is basically someone saying that they don't want to exist or do anything if the person they love isn't with them. Sometimes I feel like I wouldn't be able to function if I didn't' have Jacob in my life right now, so that's why I picked those lyrics.
Finally, sometimes I just get hit by this sudden realization of how lucky I am to have the gospel in my life, how grateful I am to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I had one of those the other day, and I just wanted to share my feelings on here. I can't imagine life without the gospel knowledge that I have. To know that there is a deeper purpose for my life, that I don't just cease to exist after death, and that I can always have my family and those I love with me-- that is a great feeling. Life would not even be worth it to me if I didn't know those things. I wish that somehow everyone could realise how much meaning the gospel can give them. I guess that is why I always wanted to go on a mission. I hope that I can take time to find missionary opportunities in my life, because I want to help others finding the meaning and happiness I've received in my life because of the gospel.
Anyway...that's it for today. Love life and each other.
I Do Now
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment