Wow, I have been such a slacker when it comes to blogging lately. Shame on me. I'll try to do better, but I make no promises. For now, I'll just try to briefly catch you up on my life.
Jacob and I went to the Scarlet Pimpernel and it was amazing! Thanksgiving break was good as always, though I think I literally gained 5-10 pounds that weekend. Jacob and I got to enjoy TWO Thanksgiving Dinners, one on Thursday and one on Friday, and if that wasn't enough food, on Wednesday Jacob's family took us out for my birthday dinner, and on Saturday my parents did the same thing. So much food! But I felt so blessed that we can spend time with both of our families.
The same thing went for Christmas Break. We spent a few days with Jacob's family, and then a few days with my family and I really am so glad that unlike many couples at BYU we don't have to pick who we're going to see that year for Christmas. This year we spent the actual holiday with my family and it was so wonderful to be there again for Christmas Eve, Morning, and Day. I love traditions and although I enjoyed last year with Jacob's family, it just felt right to be back with my family this year, and playing games with all of us there was a lot of fun.
On another note, I've started making more of my own jewelry lately, which has been a lot of fun. I've meant to post some pictures here, but I haven't. Maybe I'll get around to it eventually. This means that for Christmas I got some supplies for jewelry making, but most special was the pendant that Jacob made for me. It's a beautiful dark wood that he worked on in his dad's wood shop, and I look forward to making a necklace with it.
Our New Year's Eve was a fun evening spent with our friends Jesse and Catherine. It also included an adventure. Jacob and I decided it was a perfect opportunity to pull out the Fondue Pot we got for our wedding. We were just going to use the cheese packet that came with it (don't worry we checked the date, it was still good) until I checked out the ingredients after Jacob had already put it on the stove to warm. Lo and behold, it had two alcoholic ingredients in it. So, we had to scratch that plan and quickly find a non-alcoholic cheese fondue recipe to use. Luckily we already had some Swiss Cheese on hand and didn't have to run to the store. After that was taken care of though, we enjoyed a fun and relaxing evening with Jesse and Catherine while eating good food, playing Cribbage(thanks to Jacob's dad for teaching us and giving us a Cribbage board) and watching How to Train Your Dragon. All in all, it was a great evening.
In last minute news, Jacob and I bought a new car, I got an internship for this semester, and Jacob and I started our last semester at BYU. We both graduate in April! And also, my best friend Sara K. G. is finally back in good old Provo which makes me so happy!
The End.
5th Grade Graduation
9 hours ago
1 comment:
It was great seein' you during Christmas and YEAH!!! You got a car!!!! That is awesome!!!!! And also, almost done with school? AWESOMER!!! (I know it is not a word but, finishing school should have it's own word!!!) Love you guys!!!
Post a Comment