Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Told you so

Remember my theme for the summer? "Happiness is a choice"

Guess what, I'm not the only one who thinks so. Well, duh. But guess who else thought so? And wrote a whole long treatise type thing about it lots and lots of years ago? Aristotle. That's who. Yeah, I felt pretty smart. Me and Aristotle thinking the same way.

Anywho, that's what I learned about in World Lit yesterday. Go Aristotle.

Oh yeah...did you know that Shakespeare invented the word lonely? Who would have thought. I learned that in my Shakespeare class.

Also, there is a hilarious show on YouTube called Que Hora Es? It's a Spanish soap opera for people who only had three terms of Spanish...in the 4th grade. That's what I learned about in Spanish today(I promise that's not all)

The women's footwork for the reverse turn of the ballroom waltz is TH T TH HT T TH.

All dialects are created equal. You may not believe that, but the Linguistics who took a Usage class will teach you differently.

So, there is a nice little update for you on how my classes are going. Hope it wasn't too boring for you.
And remember, choose Happiness. I do.

1 comment:

Matt and Sarah said...

This was a fun post! Thanks! Hope all is well! Evelyn is getting a tooth we think and is not sleeping well and not the happiest...will you keep her in your prayers?