Wednesday, October 6, 2010

If all the raindrops were lemon drops and gumdrops

It's fall now.

I walked home in the rain today. Good thing my husband lets me use his umbrella because the last two I bought died within a week of the purchase.

However, I still got wet. Especially my feet. I decided I need some of these:


And possibly one of these:


And my own one of these:


Or maybe this one to cover my backpack


Or maybe another of the options on this website here

Only problem is, such things cost money. But, you can feel free to donate to the "Lydia needs to stay dry Charity". It can even be your birthday present, since my birthday IS coming up.


Speaking of birthdays, Jacob and I are going to see this

for our combined birthday presents. I'm super excited! This will be my first time seeing a musical at an actual playhouse, so far I've only experienced them at a high school level. And my high school had a great musical program, but still, not the same. Now I just have to wait till November 15th!

2 comments:

Sahara said...

Lydia! We are going to the Scarlet Pimpernel too! What day are you going? We got tickets for Saturday Oct 23rd matinee @3

Also, that slanted umbrella that looks all streamlined - have you seen the videos of it in a wind tunnel???! That umbrella will not collapse, even on a motorcycle or in practically gale force winds! It's amazing!

Sahara said...

Aha - here are the links for that umbrella

http://www.woot.com/blog/viewentry.aspx?id=14425
This is where I first read about it, it has pictures down below all the funny stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFzOwq5PldQ
A video of the makers testing out their umbrella on motorcycles, a super wind tunnel, etc. VERY cool

Too bad I didn't know you needed an umbrella... Woot.com had one last month for only $15, which is a great deal