Sunday, October 3, 2010

Ingenuity

So, this weekend was Conference weekend; so wonderful!

But between conference sessions on Saturday, we went on an adventure.

To Honks.(A dollar store)

It happens to be really close to our apartment, so we headed over there. In search of crayons and a coloring book! Because I desperately needed something to do while listening to conference. But, apparently you can't find good coloring books at Honks. Or maybe they just don't exist anymore, because Honks had coloring books, but they were lame. So we decided to wonder around and see what they might have to do, or small items we've been meaning to buy lately. And then just as we were going to check out, we found the jackpot!

Necklaces. That would normally be retailed for like 20 plus bucks. For one dollar. Actual nice necklaces that I would want to buy and wear. So, I bought some. My favorite one though(because it's green) was shorter than I would like, so at first I was just not going to bother about it. But then, Jacob had a genius idea. Buy two of them, and combine them. So we bought two of them.

And then I came home and wondered how I could make two necklaces become one, without looking weird. So, I tinkered around, removed some pieces, connected others. And processed to create this masterpiece:



I am quite proud of myself. I really do want to learn how to make my own jewelry in hopes it will be cheaper than buying it. And this gave me another idea of how I can find jewelry for cheap, and get practice at working with the pieces.

Also, we finally stopped by the little bakery that is also right by our apartment. We got some delicious eclairs. Mmmm.

And today, my parents took us for drive to see the beautiful fall leaves.

Such a great weekend.

No comments: