Sunday, May 11, 2008

The Age of Innocence

So, there is a scripture that says to become like a little child, and in the last couple days, I've been reminded of why. It is because they are so pure, so innocent, so GOOD. Down at college, I didn't' see little kids much, seeing as I lived in college dorms with mostly freshmen, go figure. In the last couple days, especially today I was reminded of how precious they are. Today in church I realized how much I missed kids in Sacrament meeting. Since it is Mother's Day, the primary children sang, and it was adorable. Plus, one of the little boys sitting a few rows in front of us kept looking back at my sister and I, and we pulled faces back and forth. The little girls sitting the row in front of us were way cute too, and kept smiling at me. Then, we had my mom's family over to my house, and my cousin came with his four kids. Two of them are twins, and are only a couple months old. And they were so precious, with such powerful little spirits. Later tonight, I got to hold my cousin Easton who is three months old.

All of this reminded me of how innocent children are. I admit, as they get older, they start losing some of that, but for the most part, kids are so clean of all the dirtiness present in this world. Today, I am so grateful that I have children in my life and I get to experience that innocence. I hope that I can help keep the children around me free from the garbage of this world, and preserve as long as possible their age of innocence.

No comments: