Tuesday, July 22, 2008

A word of Advice

Bikes are wonderful things, truly they are. I love good long bike rides with the wind blowing through your hair. The push up the hill, and exhilaration as you speed down the other side. I used to love riding my bike around the neighborhood. I had a set route I would ride. Then, I got a bad knee and grew to big for my bike. So, the bike went to the D.I. and I didn't' get a new one.

Now, I'm up at a Hirschi Family Reunion, and before we came my dad got out an old bike Sarah got from a friend. It's still hers, but right now, it's mine to use. So, we brought it up here, and Dad brought one to. Yesterday, I went for the first bike ride I'd had in like 4 years. And it was glorious! It was even raining lightly, and felt really refreshing.

So, here in lies my advice. When you haven't had a bike ride for four years, don't start off with a long one. No matter how much you love it. Because you WILL pay for it later, to the point where it hurts to sit down.


(Just to let you know, soon I will have a lot of blogging to do all about my Reunion and the Windrivers, so stay tuned.)

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Bikes are for biker dudes and biker chicks. But maybe you are a biker chick... I've seen the black leather in your closet.