Yesterday I had the opportunity to attend the Draper Temple Open House. It was great opportunity that I will always appreciate. Even though the building has not been dedicated yet, because it is meant to be the holy house of my Heavenly Father, the Spirit was already there in the building. As we walked through the temple silently I watched families with their children, and I thought of my own loved ones. Walking through the Sealing room and Celestial room I felt the Spirit testify that one day my family WILL be together for eternity, as long as we all live worthily. The peace that knowledge brings me is indescribable. Without my family, heaven would be nothing but a glorified hell, and I could never be happy. Instead, because of the Spirit, I know I will be happily with my family, even after this life. As we left the temple we entered a chapel for refreshments, and they had hymns playing in the background. The peace that the music brought to me was powerful and immediate, because the Spirit of the Lord speaks through righteous music. Even though I'm at a crazy, hectic part of my life, with choices, and tests, and papers looming over my head, as I attended the Open House yesterday, the Spirit of the Lord was able to give me peace and comfort.
Today as I attended church I felt that same way. In Sacrament Meeting the focus was on Zion. One thing we talked about was the fact that in the last days before the Second Coming, peace will only be found in the Stakes of Zion. I know this is true, because even in my life today, I feel peace as I gather with the people of Zion in our sacred buildings, and feel of the Spirit.
5th Grade Graduation
9 hours ago
1 comment:
What a beautiful testimony, Lydia thanks for sharing it! You have made my life brighter by sharing what is most precious to you. I also, found the temple to be an incredible experience and when we were there I thought it interesting the crowds immediately hushed as they walked through the celestial room even the littlest of children. Glad you got to experience it too!
Post a Comment