It's that time of year again, the time all normal BYU students dread and fear. That's right, elections for BYUSA. Can I just tell you how much they drive me crazy!? My first recollections of election time consist of going the long way across campus because Sara Gomez insisted that we avoid any elections people at all cost. By the end of the week we had our new routes down, but we were still grateful when they disappeared. I no longer try to avoid them, I just refuse to acknowledge their attempts to annoy me. Quite frequently I am tempted to turn to them and say, I'll vote for your stupid friend when you quite annoying me on my way across campus! Because the truth is, that's all they really do is annoy people while we've got places to go and people to see. In my nearly three years here at BYU, I've never really been able to see the difference that any BYUSA presidency made, so I honestly feel no desire to vote for any of them, especially if they're getting in my face and telling me to do so. Can we also talk about the extreme amount of bribery going on in these elections? I'm pretty sure every candidate has something they'll give you if you promise to vote for them, or if you ever listen to their whole shpill about why you should vote for them. I've seen....tickets to concerts, cookies, candy. Really people, don't' you want people to vote for you based on what you can do, and not what you gave them on their way to class?
I guess some people should say that I need to get more involved and pay attention to who runs for the elections. But really...I have no desire to. So instead, I'll just complain about the annoying people attacking innocent freshmen on their way to class.
I Do Now
4 days ago
1 comment:
haha man oh man it's true. today i was walking to class and didn't avoid these folks AND this kid was like "hey how's it going?!" clearly trying to get a convo started about his election people, but then it was awkward because i said "good" and he just said, "okay...have a good day..." like...haha he was trying to start talking about it and then didn't? anyways. awkward moment.
Post a Comment