This weekend was my stake's Relief Society Super-Saturday activity. I learned how to do some new crafts, and now I am being taken over by a desire to be crafty, crafty, and more crafty. I want a real house I can decorate. I want more money to buy decorations with. And to buy crafting supplies with. And I want the time and knowledge and skills to make every cute crafty thing that I think I like in the whole world!
I need someone to remind me how to crochet, and then teach me more than the basics so I can make cool things, like hats and headbands and scarfs and blankets and lots more.
When all of the flower type things first became fashionable, I thought they were ridiculous. I made fun of all of you who wore them. But now, I like them. A lot. Possible simply because I want to be fashionable. But who cares why, I just do. And I learned how to make some yesterday. And I want to learn how to make more and just make make make them.
And I wish I could sew better. And that I had a sewing machine. But possibly that latter wish should come first.
And I want more beads and chains and necklace supplies! And more ideas, and more colors. Currently I'm working on a necklace that's mostly blacks and whites and silverish. But I want to make a purple necklace really badly. And a red one too. I wish that beads weren't so expensive. However, I did buy three necklaces for a dollar each from Honks. I took them apart. Eventually I'm going to use the beads to make necklaces I like better. And maybe one day I'll actually make a post full or pictures of the jewelry I've made. I've made at least 5 necklaces now and altered at least one. And usually I make earrings and/or a bracelet to match.
AHH! I just want to craft! I think I'm going to have a girl's/crafting/chick flick day or night in a week or two. So if you by chance want to come and perhaps share some crafting skills and gain some others, let me know. And, if you just want to teach me how to do something, that's always cool too. :)
I'm getting craft giddy now. I better stop. And besides, I have a necklace to work on! Craft on!
I Do Now
4 days ago
3 comments:
I have some crochet tips . . .you just let me know when? Love you! And even learned some flower tips plus have a very skilled friend! We will talk!
Woo! that sounds like your having fun! And I would love to have a craft night, maybe I can show you some sewing tips, but that'll only happen if I get my sewing machine I've been waiting for... =)
I want to come to your craft night! Oh wait, I kinda live kinda far away!! :( I still think its really cool that we're cousins now, have I ever told you that? :)
Post a Comment