Saturday, February 5, 2011

Still Craft Crazy

I'm still in a crazy crafting mood!! I've even added a couple of craft blogs to my list. You can see them to the left, they are Ziggy Crafts and Homestitched. Homestitched is even having a giveaway right now. I don't know the people who make the blogs, but they have both supplied me with even more craft ideas and I just wish I had the time, materials, and therefore money, to make all of them!!

Also, I did have a craft night with my sister. It was so much fun! She reminded me how to crochet and taught me how to make a crochet flower headband! I love it. And I gave her some tips on jewelry making. I want to have another craft night with her soon, but hopefully baby Leah will arrive soon and delay that second craft night.

I also bought a big bag of material at the DI (thanks to Catherine for mentioning doing the same thing on her blog! I didn't even know they had material!) And I discovered that Honks, the dollar store behind my house, actually has some beads and other jewelry supplies! Jacob was even more enthusiastic about getting some bead supplies than I was! So we got a whole bunch. Usually I just find jewelry there to take apart, seeing as it only costs a dollar.

Now I just need a sewing machine. Anyone have one they want to donate? But really, thanks to Jacob's friend Alicia for letting us know there are smaller craft sewing machines, we're going to start keeping an eye out for one at a good price.

But I'll seriously take any craft supply donations you might want to make. Or you know, money donations to buy said supplies with works too.

1 comment:

Ellie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and becoming a follower. I definitely know what it's like to feel "craft crazy". My sewing machine was given to me as a gift (spoiled by the in-laws) but I've seen a few on craigslist. Sewing costs a little up front, but pays off in the end. Good luck finding one!

Ellie
http://homestitched.blogspot.com