So, everyone knows that life is just changes. Constantly. And small changes I can handle, but I've never been one to adjust to big changes well. Especially when it connects to my emotions. Something that has always been hardest for me, is when friends change. Especially if it's in a way that weakens the friendship. It's not an easy thing for me to deal with. And with the whole growing up and becoming an adult thing, it's happened a lot, it is happening now, and I know it will happen again.
When this has been really hard for me before, I discovered a scripture in Mormon. Verse nine of chapter Nine says, "For do we not read that God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, and in him there is no variableness neither shadow of changing?" This scripture in context is talking about miracles still happen, because there were miracles before, so there have to be miracles now. But when I was having a hard time with this once, it hit me in a different way, and to the side I wrote, "Even when everyone else changes on me, God will still be there."
Today, I was dealing with a hard situation, with a friend changing. It's not been easy for me at all. Then, I read my scriptures for the night, and I was reading in Mormon 9. I read verse nine, and my little not by it. And, I felt a little better. It's still hard, and it still hurts, and I'm still crying. But I remembered my testimony, that no matter what happens, God will never change. He has always been there for , and he always will. So, today I'm grateful that I know without a doubt, that if everyone around me changes, and they all break my heart, and I lose every person I've ever been close to, I will make it through. Because God knows what I need, and when everyone changes, and I lose them as a friend. God WON't change.
I Do Now
4 days ago
1 comment:
Lydia, I loved this! Not one "shadow of changing"...now that is amazing.
Post a Comment