Friday, June 20, 2008

The Drive-In Adventure

So, the other day Rachel Rigley, a dear friend of mine, called to say her place of employment was indeed hiring, and she would get me an application. Then, on an impulse she invited me to go to the Drive In Theatre with her and a couple of friends that night. Seeing as my life is currently boring, I agreed to do, and was appreciative of the invitation.

About 45 minutes later we departed. We got there, and I was happy to find out that Rachel's friend worked there, so we got in for FREE. But then, the two shows we wanted to see, or at least what Rachel and Marette and I wanted to see were on separate screens!(they do double features) Their friend that works there, I believe her name is Sandy, but I had never met her before, so I'm not sure, said it was against the rules to switch in between, so we couldn't do that. Everyone wanted to see Kung Fu Panda, so we agreed to go to that screen, instead of the one with Iron Man. However, Rachel and Marette and I decided we did not want to see Indiana Jones, but would rather get home. There was just one problem. The battery in Rachel's truck died, and we had to wait to get them to jump it. Which means I saw part of Indiana Jones, without sound.

Don't worry though, we had sound for all of Kung Fu Panda, because Vanessa had her own car there, and we just turned hers up.

Other interesting things that happened;
Vanessa caught a wheat thin in her mouth after placing it on her nose
Vanessa also accidentally ate the second Fancy Cake in Rachel's pack, and had to give her her other, but it was partially smashed.

No comments: