Monday, June 9, 2008

Why I love Library Book Sales

So, every once in while the Layton Library has these beautiful events where they SALE books, and CD's and movies, and such that they've used at the library. Therefore they are really cheap. Generally I forget when they are having these, and then I get really sad that I've missed it. It's not like they have tons of the books I love, but you can usually find at least one thing you want. Last time I checked out books at the library, I saw a sign announcing that they were going to have one. So, I actually got smart, and pulled out my phone and put the event on the Calendar.
Saturday morning, we woke up early to have breakfast together before Sarah headed up to Rexburg for EFY. I don't generally wake up at a decent time anymore, so I was still tired, and went back to bed after delicious waffles. Then, all of the sudden at 9:45 my phone starts beeping at me! I had totally forgotten about the book sale, thank goodness I put it in my phone.

So, after going back to sleep till 10:30(I know, it's pathetically late, but at least it was Saturday) I told my mom about it and she took me down. Where I found these;


I've never read this book, but I've heard it's excellent. It's based on a true story about a spy during WWII. Written by the actual person. So I'm kind of excited to read it.


I know you might be shocked to find out that I love this movie. Sure, there are a couple parts with some dirty dancing(who would have guessed) and a couple other parts that last like a minute or less that need to be fast forwarded, but in general, its not too bad, and the love story in it is great! So, I was pretty excited to find it.


This show is one that I would have NEVER heard of before, except that my grandparents own it. And, I frequently borrow movies from them. It only took one viewing of this show for me to like it. So I was also excited to find this one.

The best part of all of this is that I only spent $2.25. And that is the real reason I love Library Book Sales. I can find great books and movies for excellent deals.

1 comment:

Angela said...

you found a great secret lydia...i'm going to have to try a few myself! thanks for sharing :o) and hope life is good!