Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Wonders of this World

How often do we truly appreciate how wonderful this world is that we live on? God must love us greatly to have given us such a place to experience life in. Living in Utah, I've had the mountains around my entire life. I've always known that they are beautiful, but wasn't until I saw roommates and friends at BYU amazed by their majestic beauty that I learned how I take them for granted. Not only are there mountains, but flowers, and blue skies, and thunderstorms, and so many other beautiful sites and things to be seen.
However, it's not just the views, but also the life. I love creatures in nature, they amaze me. Today, I was able to see something that got me thinking about this, and I wanted to share it with others. At a family reunion today, we discovered there was a nest with baby birds in it, because the parents were feeding it. I missed the opportunity of watching a mother feed her young, but was amazed by the tiny baby birds as they begged for food. I was only able to take one picture(which is not a great one), and did not watch long since we didn't want to scare the mom away from feeding them, but I could have watched them for hours.
I am grateful for little things that help me remember the beauty of Earth, and the love of God for his children, and that includes me.

1 comment:

Amanda said...

I agree. I saw a water snake yesterday in a lake. It was so cute! And my fishies are my favorite! Animals are here to make us happy!