This story cracks me up. Sadly people usually don't' find it as funny as me, and I guess it was one of those "had to be there" moments. However, I want to share it anyway. As I'm sure many of you do, our family acts out the Nativity scene on Christmas Eve. We do this with the extended family at Grandma and Grandpa Hirschi's. A couple years ago Sarah, Liesel, Abby, and myself were assigned to play the shepherds. Now, for those of you who don't' know, we girls tend to get a little silly when we're together. Specifically Abby and Sarah....no offense to them. Well, this happened to be one of those nights. I believe my father, or Grandpa was narrator that year, well, whoever it was got to the verse where it says the shepherds saw the angel, and they were sore afraid. Of course, Sarah and Abby got the brilliant idea to really act afraid. And it was hilarious. Of course, those two acting afraid would have been funny in and of itself, but this also happened to be the year that Uncle Clark, as the angel, leaped over the corner of a small table type thing to get to where he wanted to go. Who wouldn't be afraid of furniture leaping angels? It really was quite an entertaining Nativity that year, and if I recall correctly somebody has it on tape somewhere....so if you ever get the chance to see it, you'll know why it was so memorable to me.
2 comments:
I remember this "sore afraid" moment with the leaping angel and I agree it was funny! Jessica wondered what this meant this year as we read the Christmas story-perhaps I should get the video of that year and it would shed light on the issue for her?
haha, perhaps so. I'm glad someone else remembers how funny it was.
Post a Comment