Sunday, December 14, 2008

Sing Choirs of Angels

Or more like, sing angelic choirs. Today I went to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, and because the tickets I got were for this morning it was combined with music and the spoken word. The guests this year were Brian Stokes Mitchell and Edward K. Hermann. Everything was simply amazing and it was fun to go with Nathan, Brittany(Nathan's friend/girlfriend), and my friend JPo from my ward. (Just friend) I loved it all so much I can't pick a favorite song at all.

So, now that I've told you about my day, let me connect it to a memory for my twelve days of Christmas;

Because of friendships my grandparents have, my family has always found it easier than most to get tickets to the Motab Christmas concert. One year, my family went to the night they were making sure everything was recorded, so they didn't' do the program exactly in order or smoothly. At one point we as the audience were left waiting for like 30 minutes. I was wearing a scarf, and so I turned to my Dad and said, "Dad, teach me how to tie a tie. We can use my scarf" So, that is what Dad and I did for the rest of the break. I learned how to tie a tie, or should I say a scarf. To this day, my skills aren't amazing, but I know the basic steps. It's a small memory, but one that I enjoy. One of those seemingly meaningless moments that build up a lifetime.

No comments: