Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Santa's Elf

Okay, I guess I should have said that each day I'd tell you about a Christmas memory, or a Christmas tradition. Because today I have another tradition for you.

My family does something a little strange, though maybe not since all of us are too old to believe in Santa. Instead of leaving treats for Santa, he leaves us goodies. Well, a few years ago, I asked Dad if I could tag along when he bought the goodies. We decided that Dad and I made a good team, and ever since then I've played Santa's elf. Each year as Christmas draws nearer I turn to Dad and ask, "when are Santa and his elf going shopping?" and we pick a day to go goodie shopping. We make a list each year, and sometimes it gets quite difficult to find an item or two on our list. But even if it takes us 4 stores to find it, we do just that. And that my dear people is another Christmas tradition for you.

No comments: