Monday, June 8, 2009

A discovery

So, Moydie, a friend of mine has a punching bag. And last night they talked me into trying it. At first I argued that I had to be angry to want to hit something that hard. They said that I didn't have to be angry...and that I probably was angry at something, and just wasn't acknowledging that. Eventually they talked me into it, and I realized they were right. There was something I was angry about.

I think I easily admit being sad, and I easily admit when things have hurt me and caused me sorrow and heartache. But, I don't know how often I really admit that they also make me angry. Last night I did. And I punched that punching bag for three minutes straight. And, WOW, it felt great. I think I shall have to return, Moydie said I can use it anytime I want. And, with how therapeutic last night was, I am planning on taking him up on that offer frequently once Spring Term is over.

Who would have thought that I'd discover a passion for beating up a punching bag? But I think I have.

Having mentioned Spring Term, there are a few more things that I'm planning to do more of once I have extra time: READ!!! Swim, Scrapbook, Study the gospel, have fun, discover new talents, play the piano, spend time outside, exercise. yeah, there are some things I'm looking forward to.

No comments: