Sunday, June 21, 2009

I'm grateful for the chance

to honor and thank my Dad this Father's day. I've always kind of been "Mommy's little girl" which is kind of fitting since I'm the youngest. But that doesn't mean I love my Daddy any less, and he means so much to me. I'm pretty sure he knows that, but just as a reminder to him and everyone else I'm writing this entry to talk about the few things I love most about my Dad.

He taught me to work hard. I've watched him do so much over the years to build a good life for my family. He isn't' afraid to dig in and get his hands dirty if there is something that needs to be done. He can take apart and put back together a whole lot of things, and if anything breaks, Dad can most likely fix it.

That fixing thing extends to more than just objects. I talk to my mom way more than my Dad, but when things are really crazy and I don't know how to handle them, I know I can always turn to him. Somehow he always knows the perfect thing to say to make everything better, or to at least get me heading in the right direction.

Dad knows how to be serious when I need that, but he also knows how to have fun. He is a tease, and he can always make me happier. He is the reason I see teasing as a sign of love and caring, because that is why he did it. I've made some great memories of just goofing around with him when that was exactly what we needed.

I've always known that my Daddy believed in me. He taught me that as long as you give it 100% of your effort you've done the best you can, and you can be proud. He has supported me through all of my efforts for twenty years now, and never once have I doubted that he was there for me.

He hasn't just led and taught my family by word, but also by example. And he has been a great teacher for me of how to live a good life that you can be proud of.

Those are just a few of the reasons I love my Daddy. I am so blessed to be his daughter. I am so thankful for his love, support, and trust over the years. I look forward to many years of the same, and hope he knows just how much he means to me.

No comments: