would mean that this blog entry would have a different title. :) Apparently I'm in a blogging mood of late because in the last 24 hours this will be my third entry, but oh well. You don't have to read them, and for those of you who do...I hope you'll enjoy.
I went for a walk today, a ten minute walk around the block. On one of the corners there is this old house. It looks all worn down and I'm not even sure anyone lives there presently, but I noticed that the yard is full of beautiful roses. I was amazed by them, and they made me think. I was already in a thinking mood, but they gave me a direction to go in. So here are what my thoughts were like.
Everyone always asks a girl what her favorite flower is. I never wanted to be boring and claim the rose, and so I picked something more exciting and unique; the snapdragon. And I do love them, because they are pretty, and you can play with them. However, I realized today that I also love roses. In some of the offices this week there were roses in vases, and I took a chance to smell them. They just made me happy today. I was trying to figure out why roses brought a sense of peace to me, since I've never really thought of them much before today. It didn't take me long to figure it out.
They make me think of a place I can call "home". Not a place I've actually lived, but a place where I know I will always belong, and will always find peace. This place is my grandparents house. And roses make me think of it because my grandpa has a large garden, and along the edge he has tons of rose bushes. They form a frame to the yard that made a great backdrop for my sister's reception last summer. But they aren't just rose bushes, they are rose bushes in nearly every color of rose possible. And grandpa once taught me that every color has its own distinct scent. I've tested it out, and although it can be hard to notice the difference, it is true. Test it for yourself sometime.
Memories like that one, that I have with grandpa in his garden are why I love roses. And I really appreciated that discovery today on my walk. I think I'll have to take that walk more often, at least until the roses stop blooming.
I Do Now
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment