That's right folks, having been home for exactly two months now, I finally found a job. And where is this wonderful job you may ask? Well let me show you, I will now be employed by;
I have to admit that I'm not overly excited about working as a cashier for Walmart, but heck, it's a job. And I'm starting at 8.50 an hour, which is more than I've been paid anywhere else. Tomorrow I have orientation for 9 hours! That is forever! I hope I can survive. If not, I hope you'll all come to my funeral. I hope that this job wont' interfere with things I want to attend while I am home such as mission farewells, my sister's wedding, family reunion, Windriver trip. Hopefully that won't be the case. If it is I just might quit. I certainly got used to the unemployed boring life.So, you may also want to know how I got the job. One of my friends told me a should apply at Sam's Club. So, I did and the application for Walmart was on the same page, so I figured what the heck. I applied. Two days later, I got a call, and the next day I had my interview. That was a complicated process, but at the end of the day, I came home with a job offer. Luckily enough I have a clean background, and my drug dealer is on a mission(just kidding) so that was clean too. So, today I got a call and now I officially have the job. For now it's just part time, but that will be around 30 hour anyway.
The moral of the story is, when you feel like giving up, apply at random places you didn't think much about before, and you might just end up with a job! YAY!
1 comment:
I told you! And you were like whatever, but I knew you'd find a job. And did I not say it might not be where you would maybe prefer, but you'd find one? Sha-wing, Amanda's right again!
Post a Comment