Thursday, August 28, 2008

Lost In Provo

No, not me. I know the area around campus well enough I wont' get lost but the other day mom got lost. On Monday after we got everything unpacked, the air conditioner did not work, so we decided to get a big box. I however needed to go to campus and print some things for my new work, so mom decided to go to the store without me, and I went to campus. So, I got done and tried to call mom, and she did not answer, for like ten or fifteen minutes. I figured she had left her phone in the car, but by this time she should have been done buying it. So. Sarah and I got worried. Well, mom had some delays at the store so she was okay. But, when we finally talked on the phone, we needed to find each other again. Mom doesn't know campus or Provo very well. So basically, she got lost. At one point and time though, we had a plan for where she would turn and come up to campus so I started to walk that way. However, (and this was partially my fault for getting a road name wrong) she did not end up coming that way. So, we were on the phone with each other for like 10-15 minutes while mom tried to find her way to campus per my instructions, and I turned around and walked back to where she actually ended up. It was quite and adventure and very entertaining. I told her by the end of the year we will have her more knowledgeable of the roads around campus. So hopefully this won't happen again. Though I didn't' mind the laughs.

No comments: