Okay, obviously I am a slacker/ busy getting back home and I missed another entry. So here is another double for you. Both of these have to do with Christmas decorations we have in my house.

1. The Tree- here's the deal. My Dad is REALLY picky about how we decorate our tree. It has to fit the color scheme and elegance to be allowed on the tree as an ornament. As children we had our own tree for the decorations we made, and I've loved it that way. Our tree is beautiful as a result, but we love to tease Dad about it. As part of our teasing him, we like to hide things on the tree that don't belong there, and see how long it takes him to find it. One year, David hid his Yoda action figure on the tree...and we never found it again. And that is one of my favorite stories about our beautiful tree.
2. The Christmas count-down calendar: Our family has this awesome Christmas count-down calendar. There is a pocket for every day of December up to Christmas, and each day you move the little mouse from pocket to pocket. It's been around for as long as I can remember and as children we'd race each day to be the one to change it. Now the challenge is to keep up with my Dad. He likes to move it to the wrong day of the month, and we have to move it back.

So, there are just a couple of Christmas memories/traditions of mine. 4 days till Christmas!
3 comments:
My family has that exact same christmas countdown, it pretty much is the awesome roxxorz
Oh uncle Doug!! He cracks me up!! And MY family has the exact same count down toooo!!!!!! I LOVE IT!
oh my goodness! we are triplets! YAY!
Post a Comment