Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

So, I guess this post is kind of to wish my Mom, and all the other mothers out there a Happy Mother's Day. But I also want to share some of the reasons I love my mom, and things that she has taught me.

1. Selflessness and Christ Like Love
My mom is one of the sweetest most loving people I know. She rarely sees the bad in a person, and is always seeing the good. She gives so much of herself to serve those around her, especially her family, and without a doubt her kids. I know that she would do anything for me that was in her power, as long as it wasn't wrong. I wish I was more like her in this way, and I admire her for this more than I could ever express.

2. Best Friend
A lot of girls say that their mom is their best friend, but I doubt many of them spent as much time with their mom as I did during high school. I spent a lot of my weekend with mom, and I don't regret it at all. I tell her anything and everything, so much so that everyone here at college thinks I'm crazy. But I do it because I miss having her in my life, and I know she loves me no matter what. My mom makes me happy, she makes me smile, and she has always been a shoulder to cry on. She really is my best friend, and I can talk to her about anything.

3. Hard Work
My mom is a hard worker, and helps support my family. But not only that, she works hard to become a better person emotionally and spiritually as well. I've watched her hard work pay off as she has been able to grow as a person, and I am proud of her for that. She has taught me to never give up, and to help those around you as they do the same.

Those are just my top three that I could name. There are so many other reasons I love my mom. Like the fact that she'll sing my favorite lullaby to me even now, just because I've had a bad day. Or how she'll take time out of getting ready for the day to make me eggs for breakfast. I love that she calls me almost every day just to talk for a minute and see how my day is going. I love getting slurpees with her and finding great deals on clothes.

There are so many things about my mom that make her amazing. I know nobody is perfect, but I think my mom comes pretty close, and I wouldn't wish for a mom that was any different.

Mom, you will always be my MOMMY, and I love you. Happy Mother's Day!

No comments: