Just a list of SOME of the small things in life that make me happy
The sound of wind blowing past my ears
Dilly Bars with Sarah
The smell of lilac bushes
Snail trails on the sidewalk
Sunsets
Sunrises over the mountains
The smell of rain
Making an infant smile
Reading on a blanket in the sun
Jumping in leaf piles
Finding the perfect song for your mood
Grandpa's fudge
Reading a good book
Wearing flip flops for the first time after winter
Rolly Pollies
Lullabies from my childhood
My favorite stuffed animal Flower
My Blankey
Visiting Herriman on Memorial Day
Inside Jokes
Knowing somebody means it when they say they love me
The first hug I get from my mom when I'm home for a weekend
The smell of freshly cut grass
Hearing the birds in the morning
Sleeping in a newly made bed
The feel of clothes fresh from the dryer
The smell of a new book
Reading an old favorite
Old journal entries
Looking at old pictures
Letters in the mail
Playing croquette(I never remember how to spell it)
Songs from Man From Snowy River
the Forrest Gump Suite
Icy cold water
Swimming
Laughing till your sides ache
The silence of snow
Driving with the windows down and the music turned up
Stars
Swinging
Sunglasses
Playing night games at Grandma and Grandpa's
Libraries
Primary Songs
Bagpipe music
Sounds of a creek or river
Temples
Lifelong Friends
Roommates
Cookie Dough
A good sale on something you really want
Knowing somebody cares enough to miss you
Hugs
Poetry
Watching the seasons change
Keeping Traditions
Playing the Piano
and so many more, I think I could go on an on for as long as you let me think. Every once in a while it is such a good thing for me to think about the simple things in life. Or as Nephi calls them, God's Tender Mercies. I hope my list has made you think of some of your own, and made you day just a little better.
5th Grade Graduation
9 hours ago
1 comment:
oh my goodness! I love snail trails on the sidewalk too!!!!
Post a Comment