Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Movin' On

So, I have the tendency to get attached. Really attached, to people, places, objects, traditions, etc. It's part of my extremely emotional and sentimental personality, but the source doesn't really matter, you just need to know that it happens.

Which is why I potentially have a problem in my near future. Why? Because my parents just sold our house. We have lived there since I was ten. Of course I am attached! Anyone would be, but you know me, I get too attached. For the first time since I was five we are going to move to a new neighborhood. And I don't' know how I feel about that.

Half the time I get really sad. I have great memories in that neighborhood. When I was five we moved to Layton, and when we moved again when I was ten it was only around the block. So, basically most of my childhood memories are connected to that neighborhood. How am I supposed to be okay with moving away from that? I grew up in that house that we're leaving. Can I really be okay with just moving away and not looking back? I'm not really sure.

On the other hand, I already came to college. I already half left that house behind. And although now it won't be where I go back to on weekends, I'm not sure it will be that big of a difference. After this fall when I'm planning on being home till I leave on my mission, I wont' really be living at home anyway. In some ways I've already moved on from that house. And I can look back and realize that I can keep the good memories with me. And any of the bad ones I have, won't be forced upon me every time I'm in the same place they happened, because I won't be around anymore. So maybe I'm not too attached anymore. Maybe I am ready to move away and not look back.

I guess I'm still undecided on how I feel on this matter. I think I'll miss the house, but on the other hand, I'm kind of looking forward to a new adventure. When I know what house I'm moving to I'll let you all know about it! And how I feel about everything once it actually happens.

No comments: