So, I switched shifts when Winter Semester ended and I now work nights. The hours aren't that amazing, but that is really the only draw back to my job. There are lots of things that I love about it. Just to name a few;
1. It pays pretty well, better than most campus jobs. That is a plus, especially considering that it really isn't a very hard or stressful job.
2. I get to carry keys that get me into locked doors. I won't lie, it makes me feel pretty powerful. Silly, I know. But true.
3. I get time to just think. It doesn't really require a whole lot of thought to sanitize phones and empty garbage cans. So, I get some time to just think, relax, and forget about everything that is all crazy and busy in my life.
4. I work with really awesome people. Just when I get tired of not talking to anyone at all, I get to work with someone else to finish off the shift. I've gotten to be pretty good friends with everyone I work with and we have a good time. They make me laugh everyday, and I look forward to going into work because I know who I get to work with.
5. My supervisor is awesome. He works with us. He randomly buys us drinks. He is more than a supervisor, he is a friend. I really enjoy working under him, because he cares about us and whether he are enjoying our work.
6. I work in the RB. Which happens to be where all the dancers practice. And I won't lie, I like seeing all the attractive guys who can dance.
7. My break gives me time to read, which is something I don't have a lot of anymore. It is a nice feeling.
Yep, those are just a few reasons I love my job. You should all be slightly jealous of me.
I Do Now
4 days ago
1 comment:
Lydia, I love your attitude. Really, truly. I love how you find so many good things about your job--I tend to be so much more pessimistic even though I have a great job.
So, yeah, basically you're amazing.
Post a Comment