Sunday, May 3, 2009

I Ain't Missin You At All...well actually I am.

So, today I was thinking about how there are a lot of people that I really miss right now. I hate missing people. It's usually a constant emotion for me, with half of my family living across the country, but I've never gotten so used to it that it doesn't hurt. There are so many very important people in my life that I miss right now, and even though I have some contact with most of them, its still hard.

But just now, I had a thought. Although missing people isn't fun, I should appreciate it. Why do I miss so many people? Because I love them and care about them. Because I miss having them around because they love me and care about me. If there wasn't anybody to miss, that would mean that I didn't' have anybody to love. Today I watched a movie about a woman who had never really learned how to let anybody love her, and love them in return. At least not really. Sometimes I haven't always had the easiest time trusting people with my love, and trusting their love, but I'm better at it then she was. And I'm so grateful for that. Because, loving and being loved in return, that is what gives my life meaning. Lately a lot of you have heard me say that I sometimes wish I didn't' care, because then I wouldn't' be hurt so often. But deep down, I don't' really mean that. Because if you're not willing to be hurt, you're not willing to love, and love is what brings happiness to me. You can't have one without the other.

So today I'm taking a stand against the depression I get when I think of all the people I miss. Sure, I don't get to see a lot of people that I wish I could see. But today I'm grateful to miss them. Grateful that I have so many people in my life that I care about and that care about me. And even though I may never see some of the people I miss ever again, even though I may go on missing them for years, that's okay with me. Because the meaning that loving them gave to my life was worth it.

So,to any of you who may be out there missing me; I miss you too. But that's okay, because love is worth it, and I love you. So think of the good times, forget about missing me, and get out there and find more people to love.!

1 comment:

kaitlin said...

cute.
and so true.